The Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences offers courses, training and research opportunities in a full range of scientific and clinical disciplines, to significantly benefit the health of Australian and international communities.
Research Centres and Initiatives
- Telethon Kids Institute (incorporating the UWA Centre for Child Health Research)
- Harry Perkins Institute of Medical Research (incorporating the UWA Centre for Medical Research)
- Lions Eye Institute (incorporating the UWA Centre for Ophthalmology and Visual Science)
- Centre for Genetic Origins of Health and Disease
- The Raine Medical Research Foundation
- Population Health Research Network (PHRN)
Latest Faculty News
Thu, 08 Feb 2018
The University of Western Australia has a continual roll call of awards, scholarships and prizes presented to staff and students. To recognise these achievements, a monthly article is published on the UWA news page on the website and in UWA Forward on the first week of every month.
Tue, 06 Feb 2018
Western Australia has the highest alcohol-related presentations to the emergency department of any state, according to new research by The University of Western Australia.
Mon, 05 Feb 2018
The Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences is pleased to announce its newest scholarship– the Dr Rowland Anderson Direct Pathway to Medicine Memorial Scholarship.