The Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences offers courses, training and research opportunities in a full range of scientific and clinical disciplines, to significantly benefit the health of Australian and international communities.
Research Centres and Initiatives
- Telethon Kids Institute (incorporating the UWA Centre for Child Health Research)
- Harry Perkins Institute of Medical Research (incorporating the UWA Centre for Medical Research)
- Lions Eye Institute (incorporating the UWA Centre for Ophthalmology and Visual Science)
- Centre for Genetic Origins of Health and Disease
- The Raine Medical Research Foundation
- Population Health Research Network (PHRN)
Latest Faculty News
Tue, 11 Sep 2018
Researchers from The University of Western Australia have developed a winning medicine formula that makes bad-tasting medicine taste nice, making it easier to treat sick children.
Fri, 07 Sep 2018
Professor Rhonda Clifford, Head of UWA’s School of Allied Health, was recently voted in the Australian Journal of Pharmacy’s (AJP) Top 12 Agenda Setters for 2018.
Wed, 05 Sep 2018
Scientists at The University of Western Australia, in collaboration with researchers in Canada, have developed a new compound that can combat antibiotic-resistant bacteria.