The Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences offers courses, training and research opportunities in a full range of scientific and clinical disciplines, to significantly benefit the health of Australian and international communities.
Research Centres and Initiatives
- Telethon Kids Institute (incorporating the UWA Centre for Child Health Research)
- Harry Perkins Institute of Medical Research (incorporating the UWA Centre for Medical Research)
- Lions Eye Institute (incorporating the UWA Centre for Ophthalmology and Visual Science)
- Centre for Genetic Origins of Health and Disease
- The Raine Medical Research Foundation
- Population Health Research Network (PHRN)
Latest Faculty News
Mon, 20 Nov 2017
Researchers at The University of Western Australia are calling for volunteers to participate in a study that aims to improve the mental health of new mothers. Mothers expecting their first child are needed for the study as well as mothers who have children aged between one and five-years-old.
Mon, 20 Nov 2017
A team of WA researchers is set to discover whether weekly community-based exercise sessions for people with moderate to severe lung impairment can significantly enhance participants’ wellbeing and reduce their cost to the health system.
Fri, 10 Nov 2017
Researchers at The University of Western Australia have received $14.75 million in funding for 26 projects through the Federal Government’s Australian Research Council. UWA received $9.6 million for 25 Discovery Projects, $2.9 million for eight Early Career Researcher Awards and $2.2 million for three Linkage, Infrastructure, Equipment and Facilities.