The Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences offers courses, training and research opportunities in a full range of scientific and clinical disciplines, to significantly benefit the health of Australian and international communities.
Research Centres and Initiatives
- Telethon Kids Institute (incorporating the UWA Centre for Child Health Research)
- Harry Perkins Institute of Medical Research (incorporating the UWA Centre for Medical Research)
- Lions Eye Institute (incorporating the UWA Centre for Ophthalmology and Visual Science)
- Centre for Genetic Origins of Health and Disease
- The Raine Medical Research Foundation
- Population Health Research Network (PHRN)
Latest Faculty News
Mon, 09 Apr 2018
The inaugural UWA Health Campus Open Day was held on Sunday 8 April. More than 1000 potential students, staff and alumni explored the teaching and research facilities and learned about the many health courses on offer.
Mon, 09 Apr 2018
On Friday 6 April, the Faculty hosted a Myeloproliferative neoplasms (MPN) Symposium in the Seminar Room of the J. Robin Warren Library. The event was attended by the Raine Visiting Professor– Professor John Crispino (Northwestern University) – along with scientists, haematologists, patients and associated foundations.
Professor Helen Milroy presents findings on the Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sex Abuse
Fri, 06 Apr 2018
On Tuesday 13 March the Faculty was privileged to hear from Winthrop Professor Helen Milroy, for the Dean’s Distinguished Lecture, on her experience as a Commissioner for theRoyal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse. Professor Milroy shared recommendations from the report, and called for us as educators and health professionals to actively assume responsibility for protecting children from abuse.