The Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences offers courses, training and research opportunities in a full range of scientific and clinical disciplines, to significantly benefit the health of Australian and international communities.
Research Centres and Initiatives
- Telethon Kids Institute (incorporating the UWA Centre for Child Health Research)
- Harry Perkins Institute of Medical Research (incorporating the UWA Centre for Medical Research)
- Lions Eye Institute (incorporating the UWA Centre for Ophthalmology and Visual Science)
- Centre for Genetic Origins of Health and Disease
- The Raine Medical Research Foundation
- Population Health Research Network (PHRN)
Latest Faculty News
Fri, 08 Sep 2017
PhD student Gavrielle Untracht who is studying optical and biomedical engineering at UWA will be competing in the national finals of the Three Minute Thesis (3MT) competition in Queensland in October after winning the competition at The University of Western Australia.
Tue, 05 Sep 2017
Scheme:Early Career Small Research
Amount: Up to $20,000 with up to 10 awards being made
Funding for: HMS Early Career Research staff for the potential development of preliminary data to support a Fellowship application or project proposal
Notes: 15 September deadline, contact Shannon Tindale
Fri, 01 Sep 2017
2017 marks the 60th anniversary of the UWA Medical School and to celebrate, theDean’s Distinguished Lecture Seriesis showcasing the work of UWA medical alumni.