The Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences offers courses, training and research opportunities in a full range of scientific and clinical disciplines, to significantly benefit the health of Australian and international communities.
Research Centres and Initiatives
- Telethon Kids Institute (incorporating the UWA Centre for Child Health Research)
- Harry Perkins Institute of Medical Research (incorporating the UWA Centre for Medical Research)
- Lions Eye Institute (incorporating the UWA Centre for Ophthalmology and Visual Science)
- Centre for Genetic Origins of Health and Disease
- The Raine Medical Research Foundation
- Population Health Research Network (PHRN)
Latest Faculty News
Fri, 15 Feb 2019
A study carried out by The University of Western Australia has provided compelling evidence that congenital/early cortical blindness– that is when people are blind from birth or shortly after - is protective against schizophrenia.
Mon, 11 Feb 2019
Researchers from The University of Western Australia have developed a new method of detecting blood infection that they hope will dramatically speed up diagnosis and treatment of severe infection.
Wed, 09 Jan 2019
Researchers from The University of Western Australia have conducted a study that has found young women who start having periods early and often have a high body mass index are more prone to cardiovascular problems later in life such as heart disease, stroke and diabetes.