The Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences offers courses, training and research opportunities in a full range of scientific and clinical disciplines, to significantly benefit the health of Australian and international communities.
Research Centres and Initiatives
- Telethon Kids Institute (incorporating the UWA Centre for Child Health Research)
- Harry Perkins Institute of Medical Research (incorporating the UWA Centre for Medical Research)
- Lions Eye Institute (incorporating the UWA Centre for Ophthalmology and Visual Science)
- Centre for Genetic Origins of Health and Disease
- The Raine Medical Research Foundation
- Population Health Research Network (PHRN)
Latest Faculty News
Wed, 23 May 2018
The University of Western Australia has established a new way to share its world-class research and expertise with decision makers and community leaders to help shape the future of our society.
Fri, 18 May 2018
A new foundation at The University of Western Australia will support research to identify trigger points for youth suicide and measures to help predict when someone is at high risk.
Thu, 17 May 2018
A global study involving researchers from The University of Western Australia and the Royal Perth Hospital Medical Research Foundation has found more than a third of people have high blood pressure but many are unaware they have it.