The goal of the Western Australian Dental Foundation (Incorporated) is to raise funds to support teaching and research facilities and grants, for undergraduates, postgraduates, academic staff and continuing education programs at the School of Dentistry at the University.
Chairperson: Dr Terry Pitsikas.
Membership and Donation Form
Dr Terry Pitsikas and Associate Professor Albert Tan.
The WADF was established in 2001 to further dental education in the State and to raise funds to support teaching, research facilities and grants for undergraduates, postgraduates, academic staff and continuing education programs at the School of Dentistry.
Dentists are invited to become members of the WADF by donating funds at differing categories. Fellow membership is the highest category and bestowed as a lifelong status. The membership and donations form is available for downloading.
Since its inception, the committee of management has conducted numerous initiatives and raised funds through The University of Western Australia which provides tax-deductibility.
Committee of Management
- Dr Terry Pitsikas AM – Chairman, representing the ADA WA
- Associate Professor Alistair Devlin – Secretary, representing the UWA Dental Alumni Society
- Dr Stuart Gairns – Deputy Chairman, ADA WA representative
- Dr Jane Conner – ADA WA representative
- Dr Kang Kim – ADA WA representative
- Winthrop Professor Andrew Smith – School representative
- Associate Professor Mithran Goonewardene – School representative
- Winthrop Professor Paul Abbott – School representative
- Ms Fabienne Vonarburg – Treasurer, UWA Development - invited member
WADF Assistance Fundis an endowed fund with a capital sum of $500,000. The interest is distributed annually to support student in a financial crisis as well as to encourage students to undertake a special project. Calls for applications are organised in collaboration between the Faculty and the School.
WADF Scholarshipenables a financially and educationally disadvantaged student to fulfil his or her dream to become a dentist. The scholarship to the value of $5,000 annually is awarded for the duration of the degree.