There are Graduate Pathways available for domestic graduates for the Doctor of Medicine (MD).
Applicants apply for the MD through GEMSAS in 2013 for 2014 entry.
Doctor of Medicine (MD):
- 4-year postgraduate medical course
- Commences in 2014
- There are admission cycles in both 2012 and 2013 for 2014 entry.
Approximately 105 places are available in each of the 2012 and the 2013 admission cycles (leading to a 2014 total cohort size of approximately 209 applicants). These quotas include various sub quotas:
- Completion of a UWA bachelor degree or equivalent with a minimum GPA of 5.5
- Suitable GAMSAT score
- English Language Competency
- There is no 10 year rule therefore applicants who completed their bachelor degree more than 10 years ago remain eligible to apply for the MD
- Applications will be made through GEMSAS. 2013 applications (for 2014 entry) are currently open and will close 30 May 2013. Other deadlines will be as per the GEMSAS timeline.
- Final ranking for non-rural applicants to the MD will be based equally on GAMSAT, GPA and Interview
- Final ranking for rural applicants to the MD will be based equally on GAMSAT, GPA, Interview and a Rurality Ranking
Registration upon completion of the MD:
Becoming an Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon (OMS):