The world is rapidly changing, and so are leading universities. At the University of Western Australia we want our graduates to be well prepared to contribute to society.
All students at UWA will have the choice to study one of the following new bachelor degrees:
Every student will take at least one degree specific major and a number of units designed to broaden their educational experience.
- Dentistry, Medicine and Podiatric Medicine are now offered at postgraduate level.
- All applicants for these courses need to study an Australian bachelor degree (or equivalent) first
- Entry into Dentistry and Medicine is subject to a separate competitive entry process.
- There are no formal prerequisites for these courses; however, we do recommend Year 12 Physics and first-year (university Level 1) study in Biology /Human Biology and Chemistry which can be completed in any undergraduate degree.
- The study of the Biomedical Sciences (double major) is just one possibility and is not a guarantee of securing a place. Depending on your interests and abilities there may be another more appropriate major for you to study.
If you are unsuccessful in your bid to enter Medicine or Dentistry you should also consider other potential career paths
Majors offered by the Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences available here.
Please click here for further information.