The Student Affairs Office in the Faculty likes to give the opportunity for students to be with some of their colleagues. Each rotation group contains around 30 students depending on how big the year is and the number of rotations.
For example in Fourth Year students have four rotations, which are Medicine (8 weeks), Surgery (8 weeks), Psychiatry (8 weeks) and Medical Specialties (8 weeks) (Geriatrics and Musculoskeletal). As there are over 200 students in the year group it is impossible for all students to do the same rotations at once. Therefore we divide the students into four clerkship groups. For example in term 1 Group A will be doing Medicine and Group B will be doing Surgery.
Requests must be entered by 4.00pm Friday 21 September 2012.
Students who need to be in a certain rotation for a significant reason must notify Bridgid Dennis, Student Affairs Office, by email before Friday 21 September 2012.
- No changes can be made once your name has been placed on the list.
- If you not submitted a request by Friday 21 September, the Faculty will determine your allocation to clerkship rotation.
- Students may choose to be with a small group of TWO to FIVE colleagues. Student Affairs Office will then randomise the groups into rotations.
- If your name has been submitted twice the Faculty reserves the right to allocate you into a rotation.
- Requests must be submitted by 4.00pm Friday 21 September. No requests will be accepted after this date.
Please consider carefully as no more changes can be made once your name is down for a rotation.
- Clerkship Groups are only used for rotations of a large number of students to different medical terms.
- Specific small group attachments are arranged through the school concerned, and the requirements of each school may vary.
- Students who require more detailed information concerning allocations to specific hospitals should contact the relevant school/s in December or early next year.
Please note that we do not allocate students to hospitals. This is done through the schools. Students will need to contact the admin in each school if they wish to request a hospital.
Rotation dates for each year group can be found here.