A/Prof. Rodney Dilley
MSC on bioprinted scaffold.
Area of Expertise
Our laboratory-based investigations at Ear Sciences Centre include studies on tissue engineering for repair of chronic tympanic membranes perforations and development of human cell models for studying regenerative cell biology in the middle and inner ear.
Top 5 Recent Publications
- Ong HT, Redmond SL, Marano RJ, Atlas MD, von Unge M, Aabel P, Dilley RJ.Paracrine Activity from Adipose-Derived Stem Cells on In Vitro Wound Healing in Human Tympanic Membrane Keratinocytes. Stem Cells Dev. 2017 Mar 15;26(6):405-418.
- Allardyce BJ, Rajkhowa R, Dilley RJ, Xie Z, Campbell L, Keating A, Atlas MD,von Unge M, Wang X. Comparative acoustic performance and mechanical properties of silk membranes for the repair of chronic tympanic membrane perforations. J MechBehav Biomed Mater. 2016 Dec;64:65-74.
- Shen Y, Redmond SL, Papadimitriou JM, Teh BM, Yan S, Wang Y, Atlas MD, Marano RJ, Zheng M, Dilley RJ. The biocompatibility of silk fibroin and acellular collagen scaffolds for tissue engineering in the ear. Biomed Mater. 2014Feb;9(1):015015.
- Visweswaran M, Pohl S, Arfuso F, Newsholme P, Dilley R, Pervaiz S,Dharmarajan A. Multi-lineage differentiation of mesenchymal stem cells - To Wnt, or not Wnt. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2015 Nov;68:139-47.
- Danti S, Mota C, D’Alessandro D, Trombi L, Ricci C, Redmond SL, De Vito A, Pini R, Dilley RJ, Moroni L, Berrettini S. Tissue engineering of the tympanic membrane using electrospun PEOT/PBT copolymer scaffolds: A morphological in vitro study Hearing, Balance and Communication 13(4): 133-147, 2015
Publications with CCTRM Byline
- Liew LJ, Day RM, Dilley RJ. Tympanic membrane organ culture using cell culturewell inserts engrafted with tympanic membrane tissue explants. Biotechniques.2017 Mar 1;62(3):109-114.
- Ong HT, Redmond SL, Marano RJ, Atlas MD, von Unge M, Aabel P, Dilley RJ.Paracrine Activity from Adipose-Derived Stem Cells on In Vitro Wound Healing inHuman Tympanic Membrane Keratinocytes. Stem Cells Dev. 2017 Mar 15;26(6):405-418.
- Bosman A, Edel MJ, Blue G, Dilley RJ, Harvey RP, Winlaw DS. Bioengineering and Stem Cell Technology in the Treatment of Congenital Heart Disease. J Clin Med.2015 Apr 22;4(4):768-81.
- Alvarez Palomo AB, McLenachan S, Chen FK, Da Cruz L, Dilley RJ, Requena J,Lucas M, Lucas A, Drukker M, Edel MJ. Prospects for clinical use of reprogrammed cells for autologous treatment of macular degeneration. Fibrogenesis TissueRepair. 2015 May 15;8:9.
- Allardyce BJ, Atlas MD, Dilley RJ, Wang X. Silk films as a repair material for perforations of the tympanic membrane. In Proceedings of the 89th Textile Institute World Conference 2014 Jan 1 (pp. 6-10). Fiber Society.
Recent Grant Successes
- UHU Collaborative Research Network Seed Funding Award (CCTRM affiliated grant)
Back to top